- EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion is a pan-European initiative that gives researchers who wish to continue their careers in Europe or who wish to be connected access to a wide range of information, as well as providing them with many services. EURAXESS is an initiative implemented in more than 40 countries and it has more than 300 service centres.
- EURAXESS Spain is the national network that offers these research mobility support services. In August 2004, Spain joined the European initiative EURAXESS with the aim of providing information and support to researchers and their families on matters relating to administrative procedures, funding possibilities and job offers, as well as other matters that are important to consider when moving to another country (obtaining visas, social security...etc.). EURAXESS Spain currently has more than 90 Centres spread over the different Autonomous Communities that provide direct and personalised care to researchers and their families.
- FECYT, coordinates this Network at a national level and is a link to the other European networks. It also manages the EURAXESS Spain Portal, with which we aim to serve foreign researchers who come to work in Spain and inform them of the procedures to carry out.
The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) is a public foundation that is dependent on the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through the State Department of R+D+I (SEIDI), whose mission is to drive forward science and innovation, promoting their integration and rapprochement to society, supporting, within the sphere of its functions, the needs of the agents of the Spanish Science, Technology and Innovation System.
The objectives of the Foundation are to:
- Be an adequate tool for science dissemination and boosting science culture.
- Encourage and promote social participation in R+D+I.
- Analyse and share the main indicators of Spanish science and innovation.
- Support the internationalisation of Spanish science.
- Support SEIDI in the management and monitoring of R+D+I at the service of science, technology and innovation policies.
Noelia Romero López
Borja Izquierdo Alonso
If you wish to make any contributions, don’t hesitate to contact us!