ORGANISATION/COMPANYFYLA LASER, S.L.
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Paterna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / SME Innovation Associate
FYLA LASER, a leading company in the field of supercontinuum and ultrafast fiber lasers is seeking a post-doctoral position in photonic crystal fibers (PCFs) development and in design and fabrication of optical fiber lasers, in the framework of the project "Femtosecond Temporally Coherent Supercontinuum Fiber Laser for Multi-Photon Microscopy - FEMTOCOLORS". The position includes a full training package: a core training programme managed and organised under the responsibility of the European Commission, and a tailored training programme organised by FYLA LASER S.L.
The role as a Laser Engineer/Scientist will include:
- Development and manufacture of rare earth fiber laser oscillators, amplifiers, pulse-pickers, compressors and other optical fiber components and subsystems.
- Design of experimental approaches to enhance efficiency and simplicity of fiber lasers.
- Design and testing of Photonic Crystal Fibers.
- Fiber laser design software development.
- Planification and management of electronics / photonics interface of serial and new versions of FYLA lasers.
- Setting up of free-space and fiber optic demonstrators of FYLA lasers.
- Design and setting-up of specific fiber laser developments required by OEMs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: BasicENGLISH: Excellent
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- PhD in Physics, Telecommunications, Optical Engineering or equivalent (transnational mobility as defined in the mobility rule of the Horizon 2020- SME Innovative Associate)
- More than 3 years of previous work in a standard fiber optics laboratory and/or in design of optical fibers and simmulation of their properties
- Proven experience in Photonic Crystal Fiber manufacturing, designing, splicing and standard characterization of Photonic Crystal Fibers and/or proven experience in theoretical/numerical design of Photonic Crystal Fibers
- Experience in Supercontinuum generation (experimental and/or theoretical) with photonic crystal fibers is a plus.
- Experience in characterization of supercontinuum lasers is a plus.
- Knowledge of Labview, Mathlab, C++, Fortran, and other lab and simulation software is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard numerical methods in fiber optic light propagation is a plus.
- Publications in the field of photonic crystal fibers, fiber lasers and components is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Personal skills and attributes:
- Dynamic person with a demonstrated capacity of team work.
- Passion for lasers and photonics.
- Enthusiastic attitude for a well done job and customer satisfaction.
- Proactive, flexible and problem-solving attitude.
- The successful applicant will join the photonics division of FYLA LASER, a young and dynamic company, recently acquired by a global leading group in the laser industry.
- Enriching environment with excellent opportunities for career development
Transnational mobility criteria: the researcher must come from a different country than the place of employment (irrespective of his/her nationality). This means that at the time of recruitment (September 2017), researchers must have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country where the company is established for no more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date (from 01/09/2014 until 31/08/2017). Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
EURAXESS offer ID: 197887
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.