ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/06/2019 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER123456
· UPF Professors Cristina Lopez-Rodriguez and Jose Aramburu of the Immunology Unit at the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona, Spain), are interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship (MSCA IF) 2019 call.
· Profs. Lopez-Rodriguez and Aramburu are teaching and researching within the Immunology Unit of the Biomedical Research Park of Barcelona (PRBB). Research in their group is funded by various competitive extramural grants. A major aim of their current research is identifying new mechanisms that control the capacity of immune cells to assemble complex gene expression programs that confer them effectiveness and adaptability against multiple threats to the organism. Specifically, they study several processes, such as (i) the communication between immune cells in the rejection of transplants, (ii) defense against pathogens such as viruses, and (iii) antitumor immunotherapy.
· Selected references: Buxadé et al., 2012 J Exp Med; Ortells et al., 2012 Nucleic Acids Res; Berga-Bolaños et al., 2013 Proc Natl Acad Sci USA; Aramburu et al., 2014 Science Signaling; Tellechea et al., 2018 J Immunol; Buxadé et al., 2018 J Exp Med; Aramburu and López-Rodríguez, 2019 Frontiers Immunol
Profs. Lopez-Rodriguez and Aramburu are interested in sponsoring 1 postdoctoral researcher working in subjects related to the immune response programming in homeostasis and disease. He or she will develop a project acquiring experience in innovative techniques of analysis of cellular differentiation and reprogramming, gene expression and chromatin modifications, as well as in mechanisms of regulation of immune responses and mouse models of human pathologies.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (11/09/2019), researchers:
- Shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.
Applicants should check that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest consisting of a CV (same template as in the call, see attached), a summary presentation of the research proposal (c. 2 pages) and the contact information of at least one referee.
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than April 30 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of the e-mail must be "MSCA application – Profs. LOPEZ-RODRIGUEZ-ARAMBURU – your name and surname"
Proposals will be preselected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the preselection before May 31st 2019.
Candidates must have 4 years of full-time research experience or PhD, with a solid publication record in relevant journals. Candidates must be highly motivated and collaborative individuals capable of independent reasoning. Prior experience in immunology, gene expression analysis techniques (such as RT-qPCR and ChIP), or work with mouse models will be a plus.
Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English, and should also have excellent writing and communication skills.
Candidates are expected to have one or two contact persons (telephone and e-mail address) who can provide references. Marie-Curie Fellowships are very competitive grants and often are limited to very solid CVs as well as projects.
EURAXESS offer ID: 394387
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.