OFFER DEADLINE15/07/2020 17:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Valladolid
LABORATORYGroup of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics
The Universidad of Valladolid wishes to attract talented, ambitious and experienced researchers at the post-doctoral level by supporting them as applicants in the preparation of a proposal to be submitted to the MSCA-IF-2020 call.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The University of Valladolid is one of the most important centers of Higher Education in Spain. It counts on four campuses, over 100 degrees, 29 doctoral programs (14 with Honor Mention) and 68 postgraduate degrees, accredited international collaborations and prestigious research Centers. On average, nearly 25,000 students enroll each year, counts on more than 2,500 teachers and nearly 1,000 people dealing with administration tasks and other services.
The UVA manages around 180/year research projects financed through competitive public R+D+i calls (European, national or regional), and approximately 500 contracts and agreements aimed at the transfer of knowledge and technology, amounting to an average value of over fifteen million Euros per annum. Moreover, its researchers take part in almost 250 further projects and contracts managed by other institutions.
The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics (GEEDS) of the University of Valladolid is formed by a group of professors and researchers with previous experience in the field of environmental issues and personal involvement in ecology and development cooperation. Therefore, we want to bring our concerns as citizens of the world to academic research at the University.
Our lines of research focus on energy and the economy, as key factors of technology and life, and on Systems Dynamics, as the most appropriate tool to analyse the complex relations between the variables that influence sustainability and development, with a systemic vision.
One of our aims is to strengthen the link between the university and society and therefore our interest lies in the dissemination of the results, contact with social organizations and the choice of research topics of interest to society.
Currently our efforts are leading to the development of a Multiregional Integrated Assessment Model (IAM)within the framework of the European project LOCOMOTION. This IAM will be a very important advance compared to the previous IAM, which we have developed (MEDEAS) and other existing IAMS.
The available position is an excellent opportunity to collaborate in research activities related with environmental policy and political analysis for the approach and design of public policies for the transition towards sustainable societies.
In this respect, the selected candidate will have the chance to design a set of policy measures for decision-makers and civil society. These political measures will be tested in the Integrated Assessment Models that are developed in GEEDS, with different international scenarios.
The position will be based in the facilities of the University of Valladolid, in the city of Valladolid, in the historical region of Castile and León (only an hour away from Madrid by train). The successful candidate shall work side by side with a dynamic and competent team of researchers, collaborating in the development and use of IAM models designed in the EU’s H2020 projects LOCOMOTION (which UVa coordinates) and MEDEAS.
Description of the offer:
The Marie Curie fellow will be fully integrated in the research group, benefiting from a range of research, academic and transversal activities, including: 1) Contribution to research projects, 2) Involvement in international collaborations, 3) Participation in supervision of Ph.D. and Master theses, 4) Attendance of international conferences and meetings. 5) Collaboration in outreach activities.
The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics (GEEDS), University of Valladolid
Paseo del Cauce 59
47011 Valladolid, Spain
WHO CAN APPLY?
- MSCA IF eligibility criteria:
- The program is open for all academic disciplines.
- A researcher can move to a country that is a member of the European Union or an associated country to conduct research for up to 24 months.
- Before applying the researcher should have a PhD-Degree or 4 years of research experience after attained master’s degree and there is no upper age limit after achieving the PhD-Degree.
- The researcher cannot have been living or have had his/her main occupation in the country of the host institution (Spain) for more than 12 months within the last 3 years counting from the time of application. The researcher can come from anywhere in the world.
- OFFER REQUIREMENTS
- PhD in environmental policy or equivalent.
- Languages: Proof of language proficiency in English (language certificate, university studies in the relevant language, research stay or similar) / knowledge of Spanish language is desirable, but not necessary.
- It shall be considered advantageous if a candidate has knowledge or experience in Integrated Assessment Model based on System Dynamics, especially in Vensim Software, to provide meaningful model inputs in scenario simulation and modeling of public policy objectives.
Additional comments (What we expect):
The research fellow is expected to conduct experimental research with initiative, autonomy and dedication.
Luis Javier Miguel González
Francisco Javier Gómez Gonzalez
Juan Jose Mediavilla Merino
Applications: documents to be submiTted
- Cover letter outlining your eligibility and motivation for applying
- Optional: Supporting letters
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.