OFFER DEADLINE21/06/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYICFO- Institut de Ciències Fotòniques
ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences (https://www.icfo.eu/), located in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, is a research excellence centre devoted to the science and technology of light with the mission to conduct frontier research, train the next generation of scientists and provide knowledge and technology transfer. We have more than 400 researchers dedicated to fundamental and applied research, addressing standing issues such as health, renewable energies, information technologies, security and industrial processes.
ICFO welcomes expressions of interest from excellent international postdoctoral researchers interested in applying to the European Commission Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA IF) 2020 call to carry out a research project at one of the following ICFO research group:
- Quantum Information Theory research group led by Prof. Dr. Antonio Acín.
- Quantum NanoMechanics research group led by Prof. Dr. Adrian Bachtold.
- Theoretical Quantum-Nano Photonics research group led by Prof. Dr. Darrick Chang.
- Quantum Photonics With Solids And Atoms research group led by Prof. Dr. Hugues de Riedmatten.
- Medical Optics research group led by Prof. Dr. Turgut Durduran.
- Low-Dimensional Quantum Materials research group led by Prof. Dr. Dmitri Efetov.
- Functional Optoelectronic Nanomaterials research group led by Prof. Dr. Gerasimos Konstantatos.
- Quantum Optics Theory research group led by Prof. Dr. Maciej Lewenstein.
- Optoelectronics research group led by Prof. Dr. Valerio Pruneri.
- Ultracold Quantum Gases research group led by Prof. Dr. Leticia Tarruell.
- Molecular Nanophotonics research group led by Prof. Dr. Niek van Hulst.
Please browse the research group websites for details and, if you are interested in discussing possible research projects, please contact ICFO Group Leaders directly.
Important: During your application, you will be requested to indicate the research group(s) you are interested in to carry out the research project.
MSCA Individual Fellowships offer the successful candidates a full-time contract to work on a research project and enjoy advanced training up to 24 months. The programme provides a competitive salary, mobility and family (if applicable) allowances plus a budget for research and training costs.
Selected candidates will be supported by ICFO to write and develop the joint proposal. Supported candidates will be informed by end of June 2020 of the next steps up to the submission.
• Experience: The researcher must be an Experienced Researcher: he/she must, at the date of the call deadline (9th September 2020), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
• Mobility rules:
a) The researcher must move or have moved (transnational mobility) from any country to the Member State (MS) or Associated Country (AC) where the beneficiary is located.
b) The researcher must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals.
EXPRESSION INTEREST PROCESS:
The expression of interest should be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu/?detail=505
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates may contact email@example.com for informal enquiries regarding the application.
DEADLINE: June 21, 2020
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.