OFFER DEADLINE14/08/2020 17:00 - America/New York
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
ORGANISATION/COMPANYPontificia Universidad Javeriana
The Pontificia Universidad Javeriana of Bogotá is looking to hire a research assistant for the call project Horizon 2020 titled: “CONEXUS: Co-producing nature-based solutions and restored ecosystems: transdisciplinary nexus for Urban Sustainability”, funded by the European Union.
The RA will support and work with the Javeriana research team. Contract will be for 12 months, and it is expected to begin in September 2020. Time dedication is partial, 16 hours per week, and the monthly fees are $1,400,000 Colombian pesos.
CONEXUS is a research and demonstrative project that gets together institutions from Europe and Latin American. It is constituted by 33 high education institutions and research centers, local governments, civil organisations, local and multilateral NGO´s and private companies. For Bogotá, participants are the Mayor’s Office lead by the Botanical Gardens, the Institute Alexander Von Humboldt and the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. The project aims to co-produce, structure and promote access to the shared, contextualised knowledge needed to support cities and communities to co-create NBS and together restore urban ecosystems to help drive the required step-change in urban policy and practice in EU and CELAC countries.
It is expected that the RA supports the investigation and demonstrative activities of the project in Bogotá, working with the Javeriana researchers and in coordination with the other members of the Bogotá team (Mayor´s Office and Humboldt Institute) and of the consortium in Latin America and Europe.
- Identify, organise and analyse documental information (in English and Spanish) including cartographic and audio-visual data;
- Coordinate and participate in field work (data collection, organisation and analysis);
- Facilitate and participate in meetings and make minutes and reports of them and of the different activities of the project;
- Write internal reports in Spanish (for the Bogotá team) and in English for external members (international consortium);
- Conduct thorough and critical reviews of relevant literature (in Spanish and English);
- Others in relation with the project.
For the above, it is expected that the applicant has a background that allows him/her to understand territory in the relationship between rural, urban and environmental, with a socio-spatial perspective (for example Geography, Ecology, Architecture, Planning, Landscape, etc).
In this sense, the applicant needs to confirm:
- An Undergraduate (Bachelor) degree. A Master degree is not compulsory, but it will be a good addition;
- How to read and interpret maps (cartography in general), including how to work with GIS software;
- A minimum of B2 level of Spanish (if not a native speaker), and the same with English, if he or she is an Spanish speaker;
- Experience (research and/or empirical) in working with territory, including working with communities and application of participatory methods;
- Capacity for working in collaborative, multidisciplinary and multicultural groups, good communication and writing skills in English and Spanish, and good time management and coordination.
- Finally, its fundamental that the applicant resides in Bogotá.
Applicants need to send their curriculum vitae (without appendices, they will be asked later) to firstname.lastname@example.org (indicating in the subject: Application CONEXUS), and also a motivational letter stating why the applicant is ideal for the job postion. Question regarding the position will be received until the 10th of August and must be addressed to the same email.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.