TOP III "Making European research careers more attractive by developing new services and enhancing the current services of the EURAXESS network"
TOP III began in October 2015 and was finished in September 2018.
TOP III IN A NUTSHELL
Participation of 39 of the 40 EURAXESS national networks.
Budget of €3.5 million.
General aim: strengthening EURAXESS’ capacity to render services to institutions and their research staff.
Lines of action:
- Implementing new EURAXESS services, particularly regarding professional development for research staff.
- Strengthening traditional EURAXESS services for research staff mobility.
- Reinforcing and consolidating the EURAXESS initiative through internal funding of the national networks and training activities for its members.
For a more detailed breakdown of the structure and tasks of TOP III, please visit this website.
Within the project FECYT's role was primarily on coordinating services and contents between national EURAXESS portals..
FECYT also worked on improving communication and collaboration between service centres and EURAXESS Links in order to offer a more effective service to researchers from third countries in Europe.
Finally, as a EURAXESS Spain BHO, it was also responsible for managing the project funds designated for each national network through the internal call system (Network Call).
I AM A MEMBER OF EURAXESS SPAIN. HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF EURAXESS TOP III?
TOP III developed various tools to assist members of national networks, both in implementing new services in support of professional development for research staff, and improving existing services for researcher mobility. All the results of the project are already integrated in EURAXESS website.
Participation of EURAXESS members in TOP III training events, study visits and a coaching programme ahve been by funds of the project itself through the internal call system (Network Call).
SOME OF EURAXESS TOP III’S SIGNIFICANT RESULTS.
In discussions with the coordinator of Top III (Bay Zoltan Ltd., coordinator of the Hungarian EURAXESS network), FECYT has secured €20,000 through Network Call, which distributes funds to finance EURAXESS Spain members’ participation in activities planned as part of the project.
These funds will be used primarily to finance:
- EURAXESS Spain members’ participation in the training planned for spring 2016 in Croatia (it is expected there will be 6 spaces available).
- Study visits to centres servicing other countries’ networks to share best practices. This includes study visits arranged ad hoc with another centre, as well as group visits published on the EURAXESS portal (it is estimated that at least 5 study visits can be funded).
For more information on study visits or Network Call in general, please do not hesitate in contacting us.