GEARING-Roles began on January 1st 2019 and will have 48 months of duration.
GEARING-Roles IN A NUTSHELL
Coordinated by Universidad de Deusto
6 GEP implementers
Budget: €2.99 million
General aim: implementing 6 gener equality plans (GEP) in 6 organizations, 5 Universities and 1 Research Performing Organization.
Lines of action
- Understand how environment and cultural contexts determine the value of different degrees and professional settings
- Evaluate how gender roles and identities are performed in each GEP implementing institutions in terms of disaggregated data of staff, degrees and professional ranks
- Design GEPs that involve a deeper and strategic understanding of the sociology and psychology of gender roles
- Implement GEPs that challenge the privileged status assigned to men by promoting women´s visibility and representation and juxtaposing their valuable contributions to knowledge creation and organizational quality to promote long-term behavioral and structural changes
- To monitor the measures adopted and evaluate the effectiveness of the GEPs, through indicators of progress and real impact
FECYT participate in the project due to its role as national EURAXESS Spain coordinator, which will allow promoting and testing EURAXESS tools for supporting research career development, fostering its incorporation into the GEPs, at the same time it allows to reinforce the gender dimension of EURAXESS’ own services.
Furthermore, FECYT will also support the leadership trainings and will manage an interinstitutional mentoring programme for female postdoctoral researchers among the GEP implementing organizations.
I AM A MEMBER OF EURAXESS SPAIN. HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF GEARING-Roles
The experience in GEARING Roles is expected to inform EURAXESS as a whole about the best ways in which any Service Centre can support its hosting institution when implementing a gender equiality plan, at the same time it allows to identify ways to reinforce the gender dimension of the existing EURAXESS career development resources.